Replacing the energy burned during a day of walking…
Not pictured below:
- That first bocadillo de jamón in Orrison,
- the delicious soups from every Pilgrim Meal,
- the always-available Pasta Bolognese or Carbonara,
- the many variations of Flan, the most popular Pilgrim Meal desert,
- the pizza-by-the-slice at La Galganni Pizzería in Pamplona,
- the Sangrias – some mediocre, some fantastic,
- the delicious roast beef in Castildelgado,
- the incredible carrot soup of Ruitelán.
Not calories, and not able to capture by camera:
- The pilgrim soul-fuel one gets from the fellowship at the shared meals of the evenings.
“Si te rodeas de personas que son de luz, lo verás todo más claro.” – Sugar Packet, from this post’s cover photo
(“If you surround yourself with people who are light, you will see everything more clearly.”)